Thursday 19 July 2018

Weekly Update #2

Another Week, Another Update.

I bet you're wondering what we've been up to this week. Unfortunately nothing to show. Vulkan is...tedious. I wouldn't say it's exactly hard, but learning all the steps to set up something simple is... well, almost overwhelming! Not to mention that, while learning Vulkan I've realized that my code could've been more cleaner so I cleaned it up and shrank one function by a third. Then more cleaning up and refactoring. I'm trying to keep the goal of adding new functional code each day. For the most part, I am. I am also learning Vulkan at the same time though, so I'm not going through it like a speed demon!

Some other important stuff.

Long story short, a friend has decided to help with the art work for a few games. This is good for the team as having 2 people working on a game means more time for each person. Unfortunately I'm unable to say if she's going to be working with us permanently, for only a few games, or what. But what I can say is that she'll make a lot of things easier for this small team! Yay!
Because of the artist, we have an idea of when the first project will be starting to get some concept art work. Also we're in the talks of what kind of game will be our first project. Nothing is official yet, but we are taking a page from Nintendo, specifically, the few really popular games in the NES era. And the artists wants to use the NES palette. I hope you guys are into retro looking games!
But that's all the secrets I can tell you right now, if ya want more ya gotta stay tuned 😝

You got an artist and a plan! Awesome! When should we expect some screens?

Expect concept art first, as I'll be encouraging the artist to tweet them out and I will definitely be retweeting them. As for some actual screen shots? If all goes well sometime next month.
I'm not making a promise here.
I'm not saying that will happen.
I'm just saying that the plan is to have something to show next month. 

Conclusion

Nothing too much happened this week, just a lot of planning, learning, watching youtube videos, and having fun!

See ya next week everyone! And don't work too hard ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment